Автор Тема: Monday Musings: Canes odds and ends as game week creeps closer  (Прочитано 28 раз)

Оффлайн Carthy

• Новичок
Monday Musings: Canes odds and ends as game week creeps closer
« : 06 Сентябрь 2024, 12:11:41 »
On3 Preseason True Freshman All-American: Miami DL Justin Scott Scott is someone who, according to Barry Jackson of the Herald, was mentioned by DC Lance Guidry as a player who could get early playing time out of a crop of young and talented defensive linemen. It sounds like Scott has been making a name for himself at camp on the defensive side of the ball. 4) Also, according to Jackson, it sounds like there's a legit battle going on between Wesley Bissainthe and Jaylin Alderman for the other starting linebacker spot alongside Kiko Mauigoa. I kind of had it made up in my mind that Bissainthe was going to end up in that spot easily based upon https://www.hurricanesgameday.com
  his recent play capped off with a strong spring game performance, but perhaps I was mistaken. Hey, may the best man win. 5) Oh, and it looks like a pair of former Miami defenders in Darrell Jackson and Davonte Brown are listed as starters in FSU's most recent depth chart. If that holds serve, then that would make the FSU-Miami game even more interesting come October 26. 6) Mario managed to have quite the weekend off the practice field and on the recruiting path, snagging a pair of commitments, including a huge local get. Christopher Columbus HS safety Bryce Fitzgerald picked the Canes over FSU and Florida on Saturday. Fitzgerald is a consensus four-star recruit and Rivals and On3 both have him as a top 10 safety in the country. Add him with Jacksonville (Mandarin) safety Hylton Stubbs, and Miami has a couple of dynamic freshmen coming in next season on the back end of their defense. And that's not a moment too soon. Miami's 2024 class is now up to #10 in the country per On3 Sports, #9 in 247 Sports, and #5 in Rivals. Mario can recruit. Time to put that to work on the game field. 7) Lastly, in some Pro Cane news, it sounds like Matt Lee is making waves with the Cincinnati Bengals.